I recommend the following events to both follow and get engaged.
- Information and Software Technology Journal – https://www.journals.elsevier.com/information-and-software-technology – this is a great venue to publish research from empirical software engineering studies and about technology development.
- Journal of Systems Architecture – https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-systems-architecture – great venue for research related to automotive software engineering and automotive software development.
- Journal of Automotive Software Engineering – https://www.atlantis-press.com/journals/jase – a new journal from Atlantis press with focus on automotive software development.
- IEEE Software – https://www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/so – a magazine which I read regularly, broad set of topics in software engineering. A must-read for all software engineers.
- Empirical Software Engineering – https://link.springer.com/journal/10664 – one of the top software engineering journals, focused on all kinds of empirical software engineering
- Software Quality Journal – https://www.springer.com/journal/11219 – great venue to read and publish studies about defects, quality, safety and empirical research.